Airport Base station & Airport Express

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theposse, Sep 2, 2004.

1. theposse macrumors regular

I want to connect my iMac G4 to my Hi-Fi,from what i have heard this is the best way to do it,Do i need to buy both Airport base station and airport Express or do i need only fit an Airport card as my imac !7" G4 is only a year old. Does it have the airport software already inside, if so how do i go about it .
    thanks for any advice Scott

2. zv470 macrumors 6502

Hi, for what you want, I think you only need an AirPort Express and an AirPort Extreme Card. And probably some cables to your HiFi. :) have fun, I bought an AirPort Express recently and it works great.

3. zv470 macrumors 6502

p.s. Configuration should be easy if your only configuring an Express by itself, the only problem I had was that I've also got an AirPort Extreme Base... I had trouble joining the Express to my existing network... until I turned off all security features.

Once I had the Express connecting to the Extreme Base I re-activated all the security settings and had no more problems.

Which version of OS X have you got?

Also: you need to use the AirPort Express setup program that comes with the Express on a CD, not the AirPort Extreme setup that is in Applications:Utilities

Good luck.

4. theposse thread starter macrumors regular

I'm running on panther.But do i need to buy an airport card and base station

5. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

yeah, like a former poster just stated. all you need is:

1) an airport extreme card for your 17" iMac g4

2) an airport express.