AirPort Base Station - Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HelixOmnimedia, Oct 9, 2006.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

My Belikin Wireless Router and the Belkin Extender have been dropping the signal, i can only move 10 ft from the main router but still in direct sight with nothing blocking it and i loose my signal. And the extender, i found out today is faulty. So it's being returned.

So i need some advice.

Would it be any better if i bought a AirPort Express Base Station with AirTunes??
    If so how does this work? Will I still need the Belkin Router or does the AirPort express have everything you need in order to contect to the net?
    And what is AirTunes?

THANKS

2. metalray@mac.co macrumors member

metalray@mac.co

Personally Airport express is too expensive for my standards so I would usually go with another wireless router such as Lynksys. I'm using one about 120ft away trough a bunch of walls.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Before we buy anything else, what have you tried doing to this current setup? Have you tried pulling the power from both devices for about a minute (to reset them) and then plugging them back in? Have you tried getting the router to broadcast on a different channel? An AirPort might get you better reception, but as metalray@mac.c said, this is an expensive route.