Airport base station update

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by davidgrimm, Dec 2, 2006.

1. davidgrimm macrumors regular

I went to the local Apple reseller today to check out the airport base station. He said they have been out of stock for about a month now. Same story with the airport express. With the apparent recent adoption of 802.11n in the macbooks and macbook pros updates, is the base station going to be updated soon? Maybe in conjunction with the TV product in 2007...

Has anybody heard anything? Is it worth waiting until January before buying a base station? I hate to fork out a couple of hundreds just to have the newest technology hit the streets even before I get the old version installed (usually takes me a couple of weeks to get around to installing anything once I buy it).

I know most on this forum are reserved and without strong opinions :) , but I thought I would ask and see if anyone had some free wisdom for me on this matter...

Thanks in advance for any replies. Have a happy holiday.

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

We haven't really heard anything. But the 802.11n-capable wireless cards in the recent C2D iMacs, the C2D MacBooks and both the Core Duo and C2D MacBook Pros, and also the iTV, indicate that Apple is soon going to update their router hardware to the n specifications.

Only time will tell, though.