airport base station:which printer will work

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by stuuke, May 26, 2004.

1. stuuke macrumors regular

I'm looking into buying a Brother HL1440 printer. I have the extreme base station and it apple says that it is compatible with this printer but I seem to remember seeing a post where people were having problems with it. Does anyone have this combination?

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I have that combo. Under Jaguar it worked great. When Panther came out it stopped working for some reason. Eventually one of the updates (I think 10.3.1) fixed it. It works great now.

Brother says the printer doesn't work with the AEBS, but they seem to be full of BS.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    lazy driver writters

i stick with hp or epson they keep themselves updated a lot

4. stuuke thread starter macrumors regular

Is there any other laser printer that someone would recommend? I can get the Brother locally for $150

5. stuuke thread starter macrumors regular

6. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

I have a hp lasjet 1300. I used to have a brother hl 1440 - they have the WORST driver update and macintosh compatibility EVER. Mine just kept printing junk every once in a while - a HUGE waste of paper. From personal experience, get HP over brother.

7. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

if you need to have a superb postscript compatibility, then get a canon instead of a hp. canon has a native postscript implementation in their laser printer line and hp only emulates it. so, in other words, hp too is capable but canon is a lot faster in postscript printing. and we're talking about a huge difference. i have a hp (laserjet 2100tn) and only wish i could justify spending money in changing it to a comparable canon model.