airport basestation problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iminimac, Aug 4, 2006.

1. iminimac macrumors regular

Jun 1, 2005
    I have a problem with our base station and weve had it for some time but i havent been bothered to post it yet but this is it.

A while ago we had a older version of apple basestation running and our airport ran fine on all our computers and my dad bought a new base station (the latest one) and I set it up. It appeared to work but since then we have had various problems with it. The internet is incredibly slow and it takes about a minute to load a page (our previous base station was more a few seconds). Some websites dont work atall and come with a safari warning saying they couldnt find it or something like that. Sometimes the basestation stops and so i have to restart our rooter and base station which usually helps. The signal is also very low always aswell and sometimes dissapears altogether in certain rooms.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

Jul 9, 2005
    The town without George Bailey
    Are the DNS servers set up correctly on the router? Sometimes the lag is caused by problems at the DNS server end, and your browser may have trouble resolving web sites. Your isp should be able to provide you with the correct DNS ip addresses - or alternatively you may try the 'root' DNS server addresses, which unfortunately I forgot the ip s right now so I don't want misinform you.

Do the pages load very slowly, or do they not load at all (e.g. you see a white screen on the browser and Safari's 'blue progress bar' in the address bar lags in the middle).
  3. iminimac thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 1, 2005
    They dont load atall for most websites but after a while they start to.