Airport card - Durability?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by kaizer, Mar 21, 2003.

1. kaizer macrumors member

Hi guys, I've came to know that the Apple Center near me is offering Airport Card for a discounted price at RM280 (usual RM350). But the catch is it only comes with 3 months warranty instead of the usual 1 year. He mentioned something about product replacement clause or something :rolleyes:

So my question is about the Airport Card's durability. I don't wanna save a few quid and few months down the road, I have to forkout extra to buy a new card.

Thank you for your reply.

2. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    well, since it is an internal component, i doubt it gets much wear or abuse. i'd go for it. i have never had a problem with the 3 airport cards i have had experience with.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I boguth a used airport card off of eBay a few months back. I would try and test them first if possible but since they are going inside your computer its not like anoyne will know.

4. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Mine is holding up strong, and I have a buddy who's been using one for well over a year with no problems. You should do fine.

Dan

5. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

I have an original rev A airport card that I had in my clamshell ibook, then moved to a DualUSB. Still works fine. If you don't abuse it you should be fine if it works well for that first 3 months.

6. kaizer thread starter macrumors member

thanks for replying... I'm more confident to go for it now. I'll get it early next month (when budget allows ;) )

Thanks.