Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenmasters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
my powermac G4 has an airport card installed but i have road runner turbo hooked up via ethernet what else can the airport card do?

do i still have to have the airport card installed for the G4 to work i mean is it a necessity???

kenmasters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
so basically i can sell it then..cool i will put it on ebay or on the marketplace when i get 100 posts.

thanks!

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
so basically i can sell it then..cool i will put it on ebay or on the marketplace when i get 100 posts.

thanks!

You can also sell on Craigslist.org. Sell local, and cash only, and you'll be fine.

Depends on the market you may be able to get about $60-$100 or more. The original Airport cards are more useful in the older iBooks and PowerBooks.

For PowerMac, if you really need wireless connection, you can get a PCI card with G or N.

Kosh66

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
You could use the airport card to wirelessly share the internet from the PowerMac G4 to other wireless computers. Or you can sell the card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.