Airport Card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by amc382, Dec 6, 2003.

1. amc382 macrumors regular

Hi,

I wrote before, but no one answered... :(

I need an airport card for my pismo. If no one is willing to sell one, does anyone know of a good place to get them used?

I've tried ebay, and I just don't understand their prices. People are paying the same amount for a used card as you can get from apple refurbished with a warranty. Doesn't make sense.

Does anyone know of a better place?

Thanks, Adam

2. iKwak macrumors member

eBay is one of the cheapest place you can purchase your airport card. But if you had a bad experience on eBay, get yourself a refurb card thru Apple.

3. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

I can understand the price/warranty/peace of mind = value argument, but the value of a 1yr warranty on a $59 product with no moving parts is worth very little. And since you have to wait for them to become available—which there aren't any standard Airport Card refurbs available right now from Apple—I can see why the price on resale market is about the same.

I have one that I bought new from Apple. I used it for two months in my iBook, then removed it when I put the iBook up for sale (I bought a Powerbook). Not sure of the exact purchase date, so I don't know if it's still under warranty, but I'd be willing to part with it. I have the disc and might still have the box around the office somewhere.

4. amc382 thread starter macrumors regular

rt_brained,

yes, i'd be willing to buy yours. email me if you like or just reply to the forum.

Thanks, Adam

email

5. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

No problem. I'll shoot an email to you with the details.