Airport disconnects on iBook every two minutes

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by SLCentral, Jul 3, 2005.

1. SLCentral macrumors regular

Hey guys,

My dad has an iBook G4 12" 1.2GHz with Airport Extreme, and when sitting in the living room, he's always had 4/5 (or so) bars of Airport signal. However, today, he was there, and he had fine signal for about two minutes, but then it proceeded to drop to zero, and then disconnected him from the router. The area is fine with my Powerbook (1.67GHz 15"), as well as his wife's Linksys PCMCIA card (XP laptop). All other locations in the house seem to be okay.

Whats strange is that the area has ALWAYS worked with no problems, starting today it doesn't, and I'm confused as to why it would do this. I've tried resetting the PRAM, as well as changing the channel on the router, with no success.

Thanks in advance!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Make sure the actual Airport card is seated properly inside the iBook. The connection may be loose or something.

3. SLCentral thread starter macrumors regular

Checked, and it looks to be okay. It's doing it all over the house now, even when DIRECTLY next to the router. I've removed the Airport card, and reseated it (and plugged in the antenna) with no luck. It looks like I'm going to have to take it to the Apple Store this week.

4. -i2i- macrumors newbie

Try a different computer, maybe its your router? You coul also try re-booting your router, helps with me sometimes.