Airport Express 802.11n?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 4np, Jan 30, 2007.

?

Will the Airport Express be upgraded to 802.11n as well?

1. No, there will be no changes

4.3%
  2. No, it will be removed from the product line in favour of iTV and/or Airport Extreme

17.4%
  3. Yes, it will be upgraded with the 802.11n chipset

34.8%
  4. Yes, it will be upgraded with the 802.11n chipset and support USB harddisks

30.4%
  5. Yes, it will also get more new features (specify below)

13.0%
  1. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

A new Airport Extreme is already released (well, in february), but will the Airport Express also be upgraded to 802.11n?

I find the Airport Express much more ideal as I have a linux box which is my router / firewall and the Airport Express just acts as a bridge on my LAN. Of course the audio streaming capabilities are also a very nice addition. It can also connect an USB printer (perhaps a new version could also be able to connect an USB harddisk as well; just as the Airport Extreme?).

So what do you think; will there be an upgraded Airport Express of will it be removed form the product line in favour of the Apple TV ?

[​IMG]

2. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Are there any rumors on this one way or another? It seems inevitable, but it's a question of how long it will take. N will become standard, but not immediately. On the other hand, I don't want to buy one and have it truly obsolete within a few weeks.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Why would they do that? ITV and new Extreme don't serve the same function, which is a) portability and b) a lower-cost way to stream music to multiple locations.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i hope they don't phase it out and i hope it does see an upgrade.

if the airport extreme was able to stream music, then yes, phase it out. but as of right now its either Express or :apple: TV for music, and i don't need all the other stuff that the latter will do, express is perfect for me. so i hope to see an upgrade. (would be sweet if it got two USB ports though)