Airport Express Airtunes and speaker recommendation?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by M. Malone, Nov 4, 2006.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Hey everyone, I decided to get Airport express so I can listen to iTunes radio in my living room, can anybody recommend some nice speakers that would be good enough to blast in my living room?

I have a Bose Wave radio/CD that produces excellent sound for the living room, can I just connect it to the Airport Express and have music come out of it? can you tell me what cables I'll need to buy? thanks! :)

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

As long as your stereo system has an input with either RCA connectors or an optical digital Toslink jack, you can use Apple's AirPort Express Stereo Connection Kit. It's $39, but you can also use cheaper versions available at your local A/V store.

3. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

thanks for the reply, I do believe I have RCA connection, and in terms of sound, do I expect good quality?

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I use Apple's kit to connect my AirPort Express to my stereo through RCA connections and the sound quality is fine. If it's a good stereo system, you may be limited by the quality of the actual song files in iTunes...the better the stereo, the easier it is to pick up on imperfections introduced in the compression process.

5. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

thank you very much WildCowboy, I'm gonna pick up the kit on Monday :D