Airport Express and HP PSC 2110

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by randomguymike, Aug 15, 2004.

1. randomguymike macrumors newbie

OK, I saw the Mac ad in my Northwest airlines magazine for an Airport Express and bought one on Friday so I could print and do internet stuff over the house on both my Windows XP laptops.

I have run into a problem with my HP PSC 2110. I cannot get it to work.

I go to add printer and choose the LAN option. Windows says it can't find anything. I then connect to the standard TCP/IP with the standard IP address that I set up on my first try.

This is where my first problem comes in, which driver should I use? I've been choosing HP 2100 PS. I don't see my HP PSC 2100 drivers that I've downloaded to get the USB to work.

Then, when I try to print, I keep getting an error after it sits there for a long time.

So, anyone got step, by step on how to get my printer to work. My airport is pretty much useless until I can get this working. Thanks.

Also, When I open the Airport express Assistant I get an error stating an error occured while trying to access the network subsystem. Is this related to anything I'm experiencing.

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

A few months ago, I tried connecting the same printer to an Extreme base station for wireless printing with a powerbook. Unfortunately, it appears that only single function printers (i.e. printing only, no scanning, faxing, etc) are supported. This could make sense because it's more complicated to provide those services, rather than just printing. Unfortunately for you and I, and most likely many others, our existing multi-function printers cannot be used wirelessly. Shucks.

Visit this link for more.