Airport Express and Port Forwarding

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rockstarjoe, Feb 3, 2007.

1. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

Jun 2, 2006
    washington dc
    I've been managing a home network for a few years now but I've run into a problem that truly has stumped me. Right now I have a wired router, and everything connected to it works fine. I also have an Airport Express which is plugged into the wired router, and set to NOT distribute IP addresses, so it can just be a wireless access point. All of my computers have manual IP addresses, no DHCP whatsoever.

Now, I have set my router to forward certain bit torrent related ports to my various computers and everything works fine while the computers are wired directly to the router. But, if I unplug a machine and try to connect wirelessly I get a firewall error in Azureus. I've checked my router's port settings a million times and they are definitely correct. The only thing I can think is that the problem lies with the Airport Express, since it is acting as a "bridge" between my computer and my wired router.

Has anyone ever run into an issue like this? If anyone has any advice please let me know! Thanks.

2. TheHonestLawyer macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2007