Airport Express and Stereo System

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JzzTrump22, Mar 25, 2005.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I'm thinking about getting airport express and I want to know what i need in order to use the airport express with my sound system. It's a 500W Onkyo.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I've connected my Airport Express to my ONKYO TXDS484, using an ordinary analog mini-jack to phono cord... works fine... But I think you get even better sound if you use the optional Monster Cable...

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

4. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I have the HT-R510. Could your repost the link to the cables/connector i need. The link you posted doesn't work. How much is it going to cost for me to get it hooked up so i could use it wirelessly?

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Besides the Airport Express an ordinary mini-to-RCA cable should not cost you more than a few dollars... (Here's a $19.90 version, but I think you can find cheaper ones, Monster doesn't actually seem like a cheap brand... ;))

The AirPort Express Stereo Connection Kit with Monster Cables I'm trying to link to is $39,-...

Now, let's see if that link doesn't work, Apple has probably changed it's site structure again, because I had a way of linking into products withoout getting those sessions issues... :rolleyes:

6. Fender2112 macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

Though this may seem obvious, you also need to have an airport card installed in you computer. I did not realize this when I purchased the Airport Express. I thought I could stream the music through my wireless router which is connected to via ethernet to my G5. I did not feel like spending another $80 so I returned the Airport Express.

If anyone knows how to use the Express without an Airport card, I would love to be enlightened on the subject.

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Good tip. I didn't think that a problem here, though... Didn't all Rev C PowerBooks come with Airport Extreme built-in...?

8. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I have an airport card with my machine. I don't remember if it was standard on all Rev. C models. But thanks for the links.