airport express, audio question.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by coleg, Mar 21, 2005.

1. coleg macrumors regular

can the airport express base station only stream audio from itunes? or is there a way to have all audio streamed to the airport express?

i wouldn't mind having speakers connected to the base station instead of my laptop.

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/

3. coleg thread starter macrumors regular

that is a nice program. i just wish there was something that would stream audio from everything automatically.

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

you don't get it. there is like a 2 second delay between you an the airport. so like if you got a error message beep you would hear it like 2 seconds later which isn't really helpful now. imagine watching a movie and her the dialogue 2 seconds behide the imagines.

5. coleg thread starter macrumors regular

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Edit - OK, I got it finally, but only after reading SB's original reply three times.

My preference is to see new information in "white" -- when reading I skipped over the second block of gray Quoted material because I assumed that it was from a previous post, when actually it had important new information.

7. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

With some programs (such as VLC) you can change the preferences to compensate for this. You can delay the video various amounts until it matches up with the audio.