Airport Express - Can't Print with Dymo Label Writer???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DEXTERITY, Feb 16, 2007.

1. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

I would greatly appreciate any help since Apple Tech Support was worthless as well as Dymos.

Before I begin I originally had the Dymo Label Writer connected to my G4 it printed fine. It also worked fine via shared printing on my G5.
    Figured I would post this here, didn't get any help in the help section.

I am now trying to get it work via airport express. Since I have an Epson R300 Printer and the Label Writer, I connected my USB hub to the USB Port of airport express. I was able to get my Epson printer to connect via rondevous. However, the Dymo Writer will not work. I can't add it from print utilities (it is in the list). And when I goto open the program it says to install the print drivers , which I have. Dymo said that was a common error message and doesn't necessarily mean the print drivers aren't installed but that something is wrong on the airport side.

Does anyone have any advice in regards to getting this to work? Apple said using the hub is fine. I just can't get it to add from the list of printers. It does appear in the list though. If I could get both printers to work I would be good to go.

Thank you in advance.

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

If you connect it directly to the AE, does it work then?

3. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the reply. It shows up but I can't add it for some reason. Any ideas?

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

We had the same at work, but that was in windows network. Our IT department figured out that you had to install an alternate installation of the drivers/program and that worked. But then again, that are al windows computers... Sorry can't really help. Maybe you will get it to work with other drivers from the linux community. In this way I have got an old postscript 1 printer to work (again a very different situation).

I'm pretty much in the dark just like you but it could be that there are still old (preference and other) files on your mac that need to be removed. Remove does first (search for them and delete them) and then install the app and the drivers again. Good Luck!