AirPort Express connected to a router, possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GodsHand, Jul 7, 2006.

1. GodsHand macrumors newbie

Jul 3, 2006
    Okay I share internet with a roommate. Currently, we're using the Microsoft Base Station (a router) to share internet. Now, I got rid of my PC and got a MacBook Pro 17" which works just fine through ethernet connected to the router.

But when I unplug my ethernet from my MBP and plug it into the AirPort Express, nothing really happens. I can't find it on the AirPort connections list. To be honest I'm really not sure what to look for.

Is it not possible to use an AirPort Express through a router? Or am I not setting this up correctly...
  2. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

Apr 3, 2006
    Beacon, NY
    I've used an airport express through a router and it has worked fine. I just plugged it in and went through the airport setup assistant.
  3. GodsHand thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 3, 2006
    I figured it out. Incase anyone else has this problem, I'll just retrace my steps.

1. I did a soft-reset.

The end. Yeesh. Can't believe that's all I had to do. Works like a charm now, even with my DS :)
  4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Nov 13, 2003
    If you want to be able to share files between the computers you will need to disable NAT, and DHCP on the airport. Also make sure you set up some type of wireless security either WEP or WPA. WPA is the more secure of the two but work with less computer(older ones)