Airport Express connection with Airlink 101

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by duffsrp, Jul 20, 2006.

1. duffsrp macrumors member

I bought an airlink 101 access point and range extender to relay my airport express signal from one end of the house to the other where my 2nd airport express is. Having issues getting the internet. I have an ip address that appears to be coming from my main A.E. while on the other end of the house but can not connect to the internet.

Anyone know if you can use something other than apple poducts to extend the network signal?
    Thanks,

2. shelterpaw macrumors regular

You can use a linksys repeater or d-link repeater. I was able to use the airlink with a PC and had multiple repeaters across a large area, but no luck with the Mac. For some reason Mac and AirLink wont play nice. Just a note, you can use D-Link, AirLink or Linksys attena's with the other equipment. You'll save about half if you use an AirLink Attena.

Also, when you setup your network, it's good to set your access point or repeater to a fixed IP address. The repeater's id wont show up in your wireless network list, but your router or access point's ssid will. Some people don't get this.

What I find odd is that I get a strong signal from the Airlink, but no IP Address. Would be nice if I could use it because that'd save me over $100 from using d-link or linksys.