Airport express does not detect base station (SOS)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AgneS, Jun 16, 2006.

1. AgneS macrumors newbie

Hi,

My Powerbook (G4) doesnt detect my AEBS - The light on AEBS is green and a PC in the room can connect without a problem. The PB does detect other networks in the neigbourhood but not mine. So both the computer and the AEBS seem to function fine but not together. Did reset the AEBS to factory settings, it did help but after configuring it in Airport Adm. it got blocked again, and despite re-resetting AEBS to factory settings (many times) this time it didn't help. I can connect to the web through the ethernet cable.
    Does anybody have an idea how I could fix this?

Agnes

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

In your AirPort Admin Utility, is Create A Closed Network checked? :)

3. AgneS thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Mad,

Thanks for replying,
    the Airport Admin Utility doesn't detect the base station so I can't even ck. (I tryed to push "other" and give "public" as password but I got an error message).
    Any suggestoins?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. AgneS thread starter macrumors newbie

PC is not home now, can ck it in some 5-6 hours. Any suggestions until then?

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hmm... Maybe try connecting to Other again. Do you know the name of your wireless network?

Alternatively, I guess you could reset it again and configure it without any security, to see if the PowerBook can connect. Could be more hassle than it's worth though. :)