Airport Express doesn't like photosmart HP's!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BigEvan23, Jul 22, 2004.

1. BigEvan23 macrumors member

BigEvan23

Apparently, the HP Photosmart series isn't compatible for Rendezvous printing. HP's drivers are really miserable, I remember when 10.2 came out and I had to wait nearly a year for drivers for my photosmart 7550. Does anyone know a work around to enable rendezvous printing. Gimp print doesn't work...at least not the alpha build I dl'd. I guess I have to rant to HP but I was wondering if anyone with an Airport Extreme or Express basestation has figured this issue out.

Thanks!

Evan

2. marknicholls macrumors 6502

im having the same problem with my Photosmart 7600 via airtport (from his windows PC)

Any1 have a solution?

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

What do you mean it isnt rendezvous compatible? Did you install + setup the printer on the computer(s) while the printer was connected via USB first?

4. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

My Photosmart is working perfectly via Rendezvous through AirPort. No special tricks. Hooked it up and the computer recognized it.

5. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I had this issue too, unfortunately, I have no memories of how I got around it when I set up my network in August. My first guess would be to do the IP printing using the address 10.0.1.1. When I get back to school, I will take a look at my setup and report back.

-T