Airport Express - Ebay - Whats this about?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LERsince1991, Mar 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

LERsince1991

I'm looking to buy an Airport express to make a wireless network in my uni accommodation and use the airtunes from my laptop to amp.

Was just looking for a cheap deal really - under £50 for second hand or new.
    On Ebay theres a few items listed selling a £30 off voucher for a new airport express, costing just £1 for the code, seems pretty good to me to get a new on for £50?

Anyone know if this will actually work and what its about?!
    If not I can buy a second hand one for £50 delivered right now.

Luke.

Ebay Link Here

2. macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Looks very sketchy

3. Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

He says "You can use this voucher on a very well known uk based online retailer." but why doesn't he name the retailer then? Sounds fishy though it's only 99p so....

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

LERsince1991

only thing I can think is that its either genuine, or he's scamming lots of people for a quid a time and no one is bothered to do anything about it so they just leave it.

The reseller might not exist or it could be bigger and that the retailer is the scammer but doesnt want to go through ebay so sells this 'code'

hmmm

5. macrumors member

freepeacesweet

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

LERsince1991

Thanks for that link lol.

Looks like a bit of a crappy company, not one good review.
    The total comes to like just over £50 but apparently they hardly ever send the goods and lots of problems...

I can buy from another forum for £50 delivered so might just do that. Second hand but same thing and £50 seems ok

7. macrumors member

freepeacesweet

Don't blame you on passing it up. I once bought a ipod from a company that had such a good offer on that they could never fullfill my order. Took over 2 months to get my money back when it looks too good it often is. But from where you know is safe thats the golden rule.

8. thread starter macrumors 65816

LERsince1991

Piece of mind and reliability = mac user :)
    Look forward to getting my airport express and enjoying wireless sound and internet from my bed and lounge :D

9. macrumors 6502a

My partner works for the Shop Direct Group and Additions is one of their many trading names. The goods are always sent - the code may be rejected as any circulated are usually pulled. The code is a first order discount code. If you do some research you'll find the group is the largest home shopping company in the UK.