Airport Express is Baller

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by QFace, Sep 20, 2004.

1. QFace macrumors member

QFace

I just have to write that Airport Express is so baller... I just set it up, and it works so well... buy it!

2. tateusmaximus macrumors member

tateusmaximus

3. madforrit macrumors regular

Sweet...I'd love to get one to replace my wireless router (D-Link DI624). Anyone know how the range of the APExpress compares to other 'mainstream' routers? Can I replace my current router and still get decent coverage?

I know, I could probably do a search for this...

Thanks in advance,
    --m

4. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Try the Apple Support page, I read you can d/l product manuals.
    Pay me.

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

50 feet, as opposed to Airport Extreme's 150 or whatever.

6. donniedarko macrumors regular

mine acts goofy, so is my friends. Mine is 4 ft from my desk and I get mix of 3 & 4 bars. It cuts out and I have changes the channels, added the robustness, and compatibility.... Not that stoked.

7. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

I can't believe this thread has gone through this many posts and not once some has asked what exactly "baller" is. "Airport Express is Baller"...WHAT!?! I know of A baller, but not something being...baller. Thanks for this pointless thread about nothing. I think everyone should post a thread saying "I like Macs. They are good. Buy them." Man, then EVERYONE would have one. It would be a phenomenon.

8. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

yeah.. as a trilingual, whose maiden language is Turkish, can I ask what is a "baller"???

9. QFace thread starter macrumors member

QFace

The Adjective Baller is, well, Baller

Something that is baller posses the qualities of a baller. The person or objective who is baller has reached a level of tightness that transcends what that adjective “tight” can possibly convey. The awesome performance (my Airport Express is not spotty; it always has a good connection with a respectable range, especially considering the unit is so small and is working in a college dorm with several other WAPs) and extreme tightness of the unit justifies the word baller and a thread proclaiming its ascendancy to ballerdom. Don’t question it.

10. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Funniest Newb...EVER!

11. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

I too really like my Airport Express. The wireless printing, music playing and internet makes sitting in bed with my iBook (far too common an occurrence I must admit) much easier and cable free.

In order to keep in the spirit of this thread, here's the random colloquialism that most people won't understand:

The Airport Express device is the absolute dog's bollocks.

12. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

Range

150 feet 11mb/s 50 feet 54mb/s same as airport extreme comparaible with other wireless routers

13. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Hilarious that you mention this, because I actually clicked on this thread for that exact reason. :D I tried to figure out how an Airport Express could possibly relate to basketball ... and then I just had to read this thread.

And I agree, it is kinda pointless to start a thread that just says, "This is cool, buy it." Otherwise we'd have such a thread for every Mac product, as well as games, peripherals, etc., etc. ;)

14. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Ta-da! Wasteland, anyone....?

15. BlankStar macrumors member

couldn't agree more!

i have my airport express for like 2 weeks now and i love it!! AirTunes rocks!!

Only thing i would like to see in the future is that other apps can use AirTunes 2 (Quicktime for example)

cause now you can only use your speakers for music in iTunes, but i would like to pop in a dvd and hear the sound on my speakers without any wires...

but still, only thing i can say now is; why the hell did i wait so long to but the frikkin' airport express :D

16. TheT macrumors 6502

You will have exactly that in 4-9 months... CoreAudio has to be modified for that, and it will not be a 10.3.X release... but it will be in Tiger. Dolby from DVDs streamed to your Airport Express :cool: No rumor btw.

Well, I didn't know "baller" before, but now that I think about it... I just got my Express yesterday, and yes, it is... baller! :p

17. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

Where did you get that from? I think it is a deliberate decision of Apple not to make that functionality available. It would be as easy as adding a new sound device to the system (that includes on-the-fly compression). And it definitely can be done in Panther.

18. garybUK Guest

garybUK

and what does the word 'tight' have to do with the goodness of the airport express? doesn't tight mean someone who reluctant to shell out money or these pants are too tight?

might just be one of those words we havn't got yet :p

19. TheT macrumors 6502

Trust me on this one. If it's as easy as you say, why didn't someone write a Panther plugin yet? The encryption has been cracked a while ago...

20. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

you mean there arent posts like that on this web site? id say about half of them are 'this mac product is cool' or 'which of these cool mac products should i buy' nothing wrong with that though, much better than a web site dedicated to the demise of macs :-/

and even in the mac forums you can learn something new. baller. i would agree that my airport express is baller. especially when im throwing a tight party in my apt. then i can pass around my PB and all my friends can select the baller with the latest album release to play for everyone to enjoy!

21. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Oh, I have no problem with anyone who makes a thread to say "My new [item] is cool." The problem was that there was nothing to supplant a conversation ... now, if the original post said "It's cool ... and let me tell you how I'm using it," or "It's cool ... and I'm glad I bought it because --," THEN we'd have a meaningful thread.

Without any additional info, this post turns into one of those oft-Wastelanded "I JUST GOT MY AVATAR" posts. ;) All we can say is, good for you.

22. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

the funny thing was. i said it outloud (in his accent/voice)

23. matt459 macrumors member

LOL, I must admit that I did the same exact thing, before seeing your post. Anyways, is thw express the only wireless router that allows you to print wirelessly? Beside AE extreme base station of course. Do other products work as well?

24. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

One of the more pointless and strange threads that I have ever read, but having said that, I just got my Airport Express and set it up today. Listening to music from computer through the home theater system, streamed through this device. I love mine :D