Airport Express Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jimmieboy, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Hey everyone, I'm having some trouble with my airport express. What's been happening is that the internet isn't working properly on both macs and one windows laptop on the airport express. It isn't loading pages fully and keeps dropping out totally. I end up having to unplug the base station and plug it back in. I know that it isn't a problem with my ISP because we have a wired windows computer that is able to access the internet all the time. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I've though of creating a new profile for the airport express and running the setup wizard again. Any thoughts?

2. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

(i) Does it also drop the connection when only one computer is on the network?

(ii) Did you try to change a channel, just in case?

3. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Yeah. Tried changing the channel. The connection drops no matter how many computers are connected to the network. It was actually a task to get this reply up.

4. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Hmmm. Did it start to happen only recently, or this Airport express never worked right from the beginning? I am just wondering whether this is the AE itself or something external that is messing up things.

Also, did you try using Airport express wireless speakers? I am curious whether that connection is dropping out too...

5. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Yeah. It's only been happening over the last few days. Not sure why. I can't really be bothered trying speakers. It's really annoying. It doesn't load all the items on webpages and half the time they won't dispaly at all. Then it will drop out without warning