Airport express - PC Laptop

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jinjaninja, Sep 23, 2004.

1. jinjaninja macrumors newbie

All,

A quick question, any help would be really appreciated. I've just ordered a Airport Express adapter and along with a G5 want to connect a couple of windows laptops to it.

Has anyone got a suggestion as to which PC card to buy - range not really an issue, price more so.

Cheers,

Ben. :confused:

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Linksys, DLink, and Orinoco Gold.

For a laptop Orinoco Gold is one of the best, but if you don't really care, either of the first two are good quality cards with good support.

3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Orinoco Gold? What are they, a Enya fan club? Never heard of that company. Dlink has a bad reputation of having inferior wireless LAN products. Check out Linksys. Good quality stuff, affordable, and it works.

4. mojo2go macrumors member

We have broadband cable access and use a D-Link wired router and an Airport Express wireless network with 3 PCs and a Mac. I've had cross-platform success with Motorola networking products: http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/home_networking.asp.

Wireless card prices for both desktops and notebooks retail around $69.00, although you can usually find them $10 to $20 cheaper at local electronic or discount outlets. Their USB 2.0 adapter also works quite well. In addition, I've found Motorola's phone support very helpful.

5. pckilla macrumors member

6. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

My vote goes to Netgear. I've had some problems with wired Linksys products.

7. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Orinoco gold well know in the computer security computer, and usually has the best reception of all the cards.

8. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

9. jinjaninja thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks everyone - I think I'll have a go with the Linksys, the Orinoco is a bit expensive....