Airport Express port forwarding? I NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by retardedwhale, Nov 19, 2006.

1. retardedwhale macrumors newbie

Hello. The Mac Book Pro that I'm using right now is connected to Airport Express. The AE is conected to a Linksys router.

Here's the thing: I want to play Starcraft on the laptop, but I lag up the games, sometimes my map download won't even start, and when I host a game, no one can join!

It works fine on the desktop PCs connected directly to the Linksys router, because I forwarded the correct ports by using the Linksys router admin page (192.168.1.1), but I have no idea on how to forward ports on the AE, because it uses 10.0.1.2 or something like that. Yeh, I don't even know much about this kind of stuff, I just want to play Starcraft. Can anyone help? Please & thank you.

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Hey

With both the Airport Express and Extreme you have to use the Airport Admin Utility instead of a broswer, you'll find that in Applications/Utilities/

Open it up and you should see your express station in the list, double click on it and enter the password if you have one. A new window will open up and the option that you want will be the tab named Port Mapping. There you add in the ports, apply those by rebooting the express and you should be sorted

3. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

topgun072003

yeah...what he said.

4. retardedwhale thread starter macrumors newbie

umm, my bad.. I wasn't really sure what AE stood for but I used it as Airport express :eek: I don't have Extreme, just express connected to the Linksys.