airport express printer

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by steller, Feb 8, 2005.

1. steller macrumors member

Jul 29, 2004
    Hi All,
    I have a question. I am using airport express for my wireless. I have been using it for a long time but still haven't figured out how to use printer wirelessly.
    Here is what tried. File->Print->Printer->rendezvous printer-> add the printer but then i can't add it cuz it said the driver not found. When I connect it thru USB cable, i can print without any problem. I am sure i have the printer driver installed. So I don't understand what the problem is.
    My printer is HP Desktop 3840
    Could anyone please help me out so that I don't have to buy a new printer to enjoy the wireless printing feature? Thanks a lots.
  2. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    If you had searched Apples Support site, you would have found article #107418 whihc in turn would have pointed you to a page on HP's site containing a list of their printers that work via AirPort Express/Extreme USB connections.

In short, your printer is not listed on the HP site, so you're out of luck. You could've also searched the HP Support site to get information about what they support connected via AirPort Extreme/Express USB connections.