Airport Express Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by carduser22, Feb 25, 2007.

1. carduser22 macrumors newbie

Nov 15, 2006
    Hello, I am using an older eMac computer (700) with an Airport Express wirelessly across the room (25 feet). I have a Windows 98 Compaq labtop computer with a WIRED connection through a ethernet card.

The first Airport express is connected to the internet directly from my cable modem. My main question, is it at all possible if i got another Airport Express to put upstairs, to hook the labtop in WIRED to the new Airport Express's ethernet port, or is that not an option.

Do some cable companies lend you 2 cable modems to share an internet connection? If there are 2 cable modems, would that cause interference?

Would it be easier to search for a wireless internet card for the compaq, or would it be better to get the new Airport Extreme to enable WIRED computers?

P.S. Does Windows 98 support 802.11 g if i were to get a new mac (the eMac only works with 802.11 a/b)
  2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    I'd just get a standard wired or wireless router, the Apple gear is expensive and not really what you want. If you got a standard wired router, then you could plug in the ethernet from the airport express to the wired router and plug the cable modem into that.