airport express setup: help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by south2nd, Mar 22, 2006.

1. south2nd macrumors newbie

Mar 21, 2006
    I have the airport express, but non of the software to set it up to use with my printer and stereo. is there somewhere i can download it? where and how? i read about some assistant you need to help set it up. I have a G3 ibook and the new update firmware from apple won't work on my OS. Any help much appreciated. thank you
  2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    Alright you will have to retype that so that I can understand it. As I don't really know what the problem is. (new firmware and Mac OS doesn't work? Drivers for your stereo?)

Anway , I have set up an Airport Express before and I'll tell you what I can.
    First you want to use the Airport Setup Guide (applications>Utilities folder). Going through that you can get your network up and going. Setting up a printer requires you plug the printer into the Airport Express USB port, and activate the printer from a remote computer.

As for using your stereo you need to plug cables (RCA line-out cable) into your stereo and then the mini jack part into the airport express. Select the port you plugged into on your stereo, and then with iTunes>preferences>advanced>general select Look for Remote Speakers. Activate this and close the preferences in the bottom right of the window use the pop-up menu to select your airport express and hit play.

Hope that helps. If not rephrase your question.