Airport Express Shipping Help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ted Max, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Ted Max macrumors newbie

It's a good news, bad news situation: My Airport Express was supposed to ship on 8/12. That would have been fine, since I move into my new place on 8/10, so I had it shipped there.
    The good news is, it shipped today, over two weeks early! The bad news is, since I won't be there until the 10th (and since the apartment will be sitting empty between the 31st and the 10th), I don't know what to do. I'm worried it will get returned to apple and I'll have to start this process all over again.
    I'm trying to get my landlord to tell the current tenant to sign for it if it comes in before she moves out, but if it doesn't...
    What do I do? Anybody have experience with Apple Store shipments and FedEx (both of their voicemail menus are leading me in circles at the moment).
    Thanks!

2. Ted Max thread starter macrumors newbie

Crisis averted

Okay, nobody posted any suggestions (perhaps this problem was too trivial or idiosyncratic?), but I was able to get FedEx to hold my package until I get there. I still wonder if it'll show up on Wednesday anyway, but we'll see.

By the way, a few interesting things: 1) Airport Expresses are shipping fast at the moment (3-4 week wait reported, actual time to ship 2 weeks), and 2) iPods are such a shipping issue that the Apple-related guy at FedEx immediately assumed that my problem was with an iPod shipment.

3. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

uh silly guy, just have the office at the complex hold it for ya

4. Ted Max thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope

The complex doesn't have an office. But like I said, no big deal, it worked out.