Airport Express Slight Woes...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wheezy, Jul 21, 2005.

1. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

So I have a handy lil Airport Express, and loves it much. I cuddle with it at night. Okay, I don't do that, but, I do like to use it as a wireless router. However, sometimes it just don't work.

At my brothers townhome, they have super duper speed in'nernet there and I can plug the ethernet right into my PB and get service fine, but when I plug it into my AE, I can obviously connect to the network it creates, but I don't get any internet.

At my parents new home, we just got an antenna wireless (the only option we had). I can, once again, plug the ethernet directly into my PB and get service, but when I use my AE, I get the same result as my brothers place. However, I have an alright DLink 802.11b wireless router that I used from before that does work when I hook it up....

So why DLink working and my AE not? Is there some setting I'm not using? They're both setup for DHCP and such....maybe I should just restart my AE?

(For a different post perhaps, but, I have an XP Box at home as well that I just put a Netgear Wireless PCI card in...and now, only 1 of the two can get service. If the XP is getting internet, my PB won't, if my PB is getting internet, the box won't. Ummm...why??!?)

2. wheezy thread starter macrumors 65816

wheezy

OH come ON guys...you're the experts here, yet I have 0 replies....

3. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

Mine was flaking out occasionally over the past year. Then more this Spring. Then in June it got real bad and was down half the time. Finally it died completely and Apple simply replaced it under warrantee. The new one has been fine since. If you still have a warrantee I would suggest you exercise it.