Airport Express update or price drop anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by anotherjeff, Mar 28, 2005.

1. anotherjeff macrumors regular

anotherjeff

Just wondering if the airport Express would be updated or have a price drop anytime soon?

2. auxplage macrumors 6502

Hopefully with updated technology (the 802.11 N or something?) Apple will update all of its wireless technology - new cards, basestation and express. So with the new update the Airport Express would sit nicely at $99 and the basestation $149. When any of this could happen is beyond me, but other companies are rolling out the "N".

3. mleok macrumors member

4. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

Yeah, all the "n" equipment out now is just "pre-n". Which means that it doesn't conform to any standard, like the "Super-G" stuff they had awhile ago.

Apple should wait until N is approved. Otherwise, stuff they make "pre-n" may not be compatible with later "n" products.

5. theISHkid macrumors regular

They could put the new stuff on the shelf... it would not make it pre-N. It just means that n is not the standard the way g is the standard now. Apple rolled out g while b was still the standard a few years ago. I might be slightly wrong, maybe they rolled out the B before it was considered the standard. Either way though they don't have to wait it just means that not too many people would be using it.

By the way has anyone heard of a revision to the airport express yet? I've been waiting to get one till we move but thats coming up really soon.