Airport Express vs. Cordless Phones

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hikingnclimbing, Jan 23, 2006.

1. hikingnclimbing macrumors member

hikingnclimbing

(I hunted around a bit for a similar thread topic to no avail. If I'm blind and missed it, feel free to let me know.)

I've had my Airport Express going for a few weeks to connect my PB anywhere in my apartment. The signal is great everywhere. :D Except for when I get a phone call on my home phone. (I live in the sticks. Cellular service is limited out here.) I have a cordless phone and, whenever I answer it, the signal on my PB all of the sudden kicks out due to the interference between the two "wireless" signals. I've tried moving my cordless phone base away from my office, where the Airport Express and laptop are based, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

So, my question is, is there anything that I can do to make this not happen (settings on the airport or something similar)? Or are any of you out there using cordless phones and NOT having this happen (which would mean maybe it's just my cheap cordless phone)? :confused:

Thanks for your input.

Signed,
    An other-wise-happy PC-to-Mac switcher

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. hikingnclimbing thread starter macrumors member

hikingnclimbing

Thanks, balamw.

I've given it a read over. I've switched on the interfence robustness and will likely look into getting a different phone. Thanks! :)