Airport Express won't connect to my Cable Modem?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by debo, Mar 23, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Ok, I've had my Airport Express since they came out, but I've been using it in client mode. I'm getting ready to take a trip so I was going to switch it to be a wireless router. I can't get it to connect to my internet. I don't have to supply any password or IP address or anything to my linksys router, basically just plug it in and it works. I can't for the life of me get the express to connect. Flashing orange light all the time. I can connect wirelessly to the network I set up, but it's not connected to the internet. Any ideas?

2. macrumors Core

have you done a hard reset?

might have to reset your cable modem after you connect it to the Aiport Express as well

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I did a hard reset. I don't see why I would need to reset my cable modem. I can uplug it from my linksys router and plug it back in at will.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Well I don't know why it worked, but I unplugged the cable modem and plugged it back in and it worked. Thanks!

5. macrumors Core

your cable modem was connected to the linksys router probably, it needed to be reset because the airport express handles the ip address distributuion differently i believe

or its just a different device, but anywho glad it worked for you

6. macrumors 68000

hulugu

It has to do with DHCP assignments.