Airport Express?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brsboarder, Jan 1, 2006.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on whether or not a new airport express is going to be released at the apple expo. it's been forever and I'm debating buying one now, or waiting to see what the new one is going to be like, or more importantly if they are going to reduce the price on this thing already.
  2. eAspenwood macrumors member

Feb 20, 2005
    I'm having the same dilemma.

I bought an airport express ten days ago, but with the expo rumors I think I will just return mine tomorrow, and see what happens at the conference.

The rumors focus on the addition of video streaming capability. Which would be neat.

However, what I would really like to see in the next version would be the ability to stream to multiple airport expresses simultaneously. Then I would definitely pick up a couple at the store, and have my whole house iTuned.

-- J.
  3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

Apr 28, 2005
    Redmond, WA
    I am with you both. My dad bought me one for christmas and I have just been hearing things about a new one so I am waiting. I dont really care what new things they put on it, it would just be nice to have the latest and greatest.
  4. aquajet macrumors 68020

Feb 12, 2005
  5. superleccy macrumors 6502a

Oct 31, 2004
    That there big London
    Although it won't be the most elegant solution where iTunes is concerned, Rogue Ameoba's excellent Airfoil should soon support simultaneous streaming to multiple AXs. Well... that's what Rogue Ameoba claim anyway. If they are right, then it suggests that the feature is theoretically technically feasible without having to upgrade any Airport hardware.