Airport Express

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by appleguy, Dec 5, 2004.

1. appleguy macrumors 6502

appleguy

I have an Airport Express. I have two emacs that have airport extreme cards inside. and an old apple ibook which I plug into a switch (with the AE)
    they can all surf the net fine but I can not see the iBook on the network and the ibook can not see the two emacs. I am mainly trying to set up Print sharing with the AE the two emacs are fine. but again the iBook cant see it
    any ideas anyone?

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

The AE is probably acting as a router and not as a WAP (wireless access point). In other words, its creating another network. In the setup, you need to tell the AE not to distribute IPs... or something like that. Also, make sure you enable printing over the ethernet port (there is an option for that).

3. diamond geezer macrumors regular

4. appleguy thread starter macrumors 6502

appleguy

Thanks..
    The iBook is running Mac OS X 10.3 (all the updates)

5. appleguy thread starter macrumors 6502

appleguy

OK if I turn off Distributing IP's my other Airport Express I use to extend my network cant see the main Express. Even if I reset the relay and reset it up
    O well I guess I will just have to get another airport card.
    But I did find out that if I plug my ibook (the one without a airport card) into the relay airport express I can see it on the Airport network with my emacs and it has the 10.1.x.x address so I guess you can use a 2nd Express unit as a ethernet to Airport bridge. Cool aye