AirPort Extreme and Tiger: Cloesd Network Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Karlchen, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Karlchen macrumors member

Since updating to Tiger (10.4.2) it has been impossible to automatically log on to my closed Airport network with my AirPort Extreme Base. Each time I restart my mac, I have to type my Network Name and Password (which is a real nuisance) even though AirPort ID is correctly entered in the AirPort Admin Progr.
    Never had this problem with 10.3. Anyone else around with this problem? Please help, it drives me mad. :confused:

2. devman macrumors 65816

devman

Try this - it *might* help.

Launch Keychain Access (it's in Applications->Utilities), in the top left pane click on the System keychain, then select and delete the airport network password for the closed network you are having problems with.

The next time you select Other to join this closed network it should remember the password for you.

3. Karlchen thread starter macrumors member

no go

Thanx Devman, for the effort....

but it does not work...
    and I hear, that one of my friends has the same problem since updating to the new Airport Software... under 10.3.9... does not seem to be a Tiger problem...

Still confused... :confused:
    Thanx for trying to help

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Long shot: Open Internet Connect (should be in your Applications folder) and under Airport choose your Network using the drop-down-menu.

Also: Have you recently changed your password, without changing the network name? I did this when I got a new AirPort Express and that made it impossible to log-on to the network, even if I deleted the keychain access. Fixed it by also renaming the network and base-station name.

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I'm running 10.4.2 and updated the Airport firmware (as well as my PB's software) yesterday or the day before - I haven't run into any problems. Matter of fact it dramatically improved a Windows laptop's wireless connection quality. :D

802.11b/g compatibility, WPA-PSK, SSID off (closed network)