Airport Extreme available as standard?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by macOSX-tastic, Apr 24, 2005.

1. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

Jan 9, 2005
    At the Airport. UK
    hi guys

just trying to get a general feel for this subject here.

i know that apple is already above the bar in terms of technology coming standard in their machines, but i now think that with 802.11g almost standard now and WiMax on the horizon, apple should really consider putting AE standard across their entire product line.

its great that they have done this in things such as the ibook, but i think the iMac need it more than anything else. plus the ram boost to 512MB, also. the imac is a very powerful machine, but i think that any apple computer sold today for a price of over $600 must come with airport extreme installed as standard!

2. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    It would be nice to have AE pre-installed on all models and I'm sure it will happen eventually. However, there is probably less need for wireless on a desktop than on a laptop and I'm sure users who don't need AE will appreciate the lower cost.
  3. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    yeh i agree also, on desktops wireless isnt as important but im sure it will come!
  4. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    i think it's more important to have bluetooth standard across the line as it's much more useful in desktops than airport and it's starting to infiltrate lowish-end pcs. that said, i have airport extreme in my emac.