airport extreme base station firewall?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by m.r.m., Dec 6, 2004.

1. m.r.m. macrumors regular

hi guys,

i have an airport extreme base station running. my pc is connected via the ethernet cable form the base station to the internet. the powerbook wireless. my college network is connected via direct connect (with access through a college dorm ip). i have to set the connection settings to "passive" ever since going through the airport extreme base station. is there a way to shift back to "active"? in passive the transfers are considerably slower.

thanks for your help.

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Where do you set something passive or active? I think, I don't completely understand your problem.

3. m.r.m. thread starter macrumors regular

in the settings panel of direct connect. before using the airport extreme base station the ethernet cable went straight from wall socket to my pc. now it goes from the wall into the airport extreme base station and from there another cable goes to the pc. i needed to switch from active to passive otherwise i can´t connect at all to any of my study workgroup users on the network. in passive mode i can connect, but the speeds are very slow. the airport extreme base station is causing me to switch from active to passive so i was wondering how to circumvent that.