airport extreme card

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dukebound85, Aug 7, 2005.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

hi, I just got the airport extreme card for my 1ghz emac and it doesn't show up on my computer. I have followed the directions about installing and have the updated software for the card, so I am clueless about why it is not being detected on my emac. Any ideas? Thanks

2. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Did you make sure to install the Antenna connection properly? It's usually a tight fit and requires a fair amount of pressure to get it all the way in. It's worth checking, but don't force it if it wont go in.

Edit - I doubt it's this that's the problem. Even with the antenna disconnected the mac should be able to see it.

3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Not exactly sure, but it could be that your computer isn't Airport Extreme ready.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Where would the OP install it then?

Did you try a restart? Does it show up the System Profiler?

5. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

If it comes with the slot for an Airport card then it's Airport ready. I believe original eMacs took Airport cards where as newer eMacs definately take Airport Extreme Cards.

Further suggestions: Have you checking to make sure the card is installed all the way in? I had trouble with an eMac before getting it to go in properly, it seems to need to go much further inside the computer than you'd imagine. Also can you see if the card shows up in the system profiler? (Apple menu > About this Mac > More info...)