airport extreme card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by atacinus, Dec 10, 2003.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

i.m typing on my new fifteen inch powerbook! One problem...i got the airport extreme card but now i can.t install it...it won.t go into the slot all the way...when i plug in the antena the door won.t close and it won.t recognize it when i restart the system...what.s wrong? i can install anything on a tower...but this notebook...it just well, it should work but it.s not...i.d really love some help...wanna get this wi-fi wireless going...

Christien

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Okay, dumb question, but are you orienting it the right way? Try flipping it and see if you do any better. Also, look at the contacts on the end to see if anything is stuck in there. Try blowing into the slot on the computer, perhaps there's something in there.

3. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, i.m putting it in the correct way [i did try the other way just in case but it went even less far]...i.m just not sure what to do...and i don.t have a screwdriver small enough to put in the extra memory i ordered...ahh...oh well...i.ll get her all upgraded someday

Christien

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Yeah, ditto on the screwdriver. I had to run out to a hardware store to get one to open the RAM door.

I don't know what else to suggest for the airport card. Could there be a defect? Maybe you should call up Apple.