Airport Extreme Driver Update v3.4.2 Released

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by richc, Jun 3, 2004.

1. richc macrumors newbie

richc

FYI, Software Update automatically launched for me tonight revealing "Airport Extreme Driver Update v3.4.2", description of the update as follows:

This software update provides improved AirPort Extreme wireless networking software and is recommended for all customers with an AirPort Extreme enabled computer.

New AirPort Extreme Features
    • Enhanced networking reliability during certain memory intensive operations.

Looks like it may address an issue with Airport Extreme connections with computers using more than 1GB of RAM. Unfortunately I only have 512MB in my 17" PBG4 so I can not verify the fix. I will be applying it shortly anyway. Enjoy.

2. dbirider macrumors member

thanks for posting the info.

Im using a netgear 54mb g router. after the update, my signal level is still the same as it always is at 12 bars.

also, i have 1.5 gigs of ram. and... a restart is required.

3. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

I hope this fixes my issue. My PB keeps dropping wireless signals whenever I use a lot of network traffic. I guess time will tell.

FYI, I have a 17" 1.33 with 2GB of RAM.

4. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

it appears to be working nicely... even though I'm not using airport x-treeme ;)

5. mms macrumors 6502a

Working nicely as in an improvement or no changes?

I haven't tried it yet, just because I remember what happened with the last AirPort update. After what's been happening with the updates from Apple lately, I not wait about a day to see if there are major problems with it. But because it's recommended for all AE computers, it probably isn't just for >1GB.

6. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Just an update... After installing the new driver and downloading files all night long over my wireless, I woke up and it still had signal. Thank you, Apple!

The only problem I had when I woke up was my DSL line went out, but resetting the DSL modem fixed that. Go figure.. Fix one thing and another breaks.