Airport Extreme & Express

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jlewis2k1, Aug 15, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

I'm curious will Apple be updating their wireless products? I mean its been like what a year or so maybe more. It would be interesting to see them take wireless networking a step further ... since they seem to be known to go beyond anything in today's world.

2. macrumors 6502a

I think the Airport Express might get an update quite soon possibly with a remote control or something.
    But I can't see the Airport Extreme getting an update until wireless-N, is a standard and that won't be till late 2006, early 2007 from what I've seen.
    However, it would be nice to see a built in ADSL modem in the Airport Extreme base station instead of 56k modem.
    But I think there will be quite along wait before we get 108mbps wireless etc, as I think Apple will won't be one of the early adopters of wireless N and they will wait till wireless N is mainstream, which is a shame really considering they were one of the first companies to sell wireless equipment in 2000.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

hmm who knows apple may announce on a preview of their next AEBS hmm it could get a new name too!! hopefully nothing silly like mighty mouse.

4. macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

I wish that would be an option in the iMac and PowerMac as well. High end uses probably dont use dial up. At least give us the option to have one or the other.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

hmm, im sure that since they are going to intel they may be able to do something very easy with out having anything specially made. however, it would also be nice to see them make something with a coxial cable internet input too. sadly we are all just dreaming.

6. macrumors 6502a

Awesome sig Jeff!!

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1