Airport Extreme frequency output a health risk?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by USATorque55, Jan 2, 2005.

1. USATorque55 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, new to this forum. So forgive me for being a n00b.And I know this is pretty much an odd thread... but if you could give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Powerbook G4 17inch laptop. Its a great computer. My entire airport setup runs off of an Airport Extreme. I have 3 other computers on this Network.

The Airport is always on, and usually is active. It is located at my desk, which is about 8 ft away from my bed. I have thought that maybe there is some health risk of the constant transmitting could possibly harm me.

I've searched around google, I have searched the forums, both with with little luck.

So, I would like to know if anyone has heard anything or found anything that the frequency of an Airport Extreme could be harmful to someones health if they spend too much time in the proximity of it.

Thanks, Torque

2. cfd macrumors member

In short, no. You are in much more danger from cordless phones, cellular phones, and CRT's. A more detailed explanation is here .

3. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Mertzen

As long as you don't hold your head against the base station 24/7 there is no problem .. I see a lot of people with the thing right next to them on their desk .. something I wouldn't do personally though .. but then again I am only a concrete slab away from the cell tower on our building ..

4. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I have never heard of there being any problems with radiation and stuff from base stations but i remember reading an article about a parental group who sued a school because the school installed a wireless lab and the parents thought it was harmful.

5. USATorque55 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, my room is the highest area in my house. Plus I have the quickest computer.

Thanks for all the help, eitherway opinions are still welcomed.

6. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Mertzen

What a terrible story that was .. complain about that but the terrible food served in schools and at home these days is not an issue .. gees ..