Airport extreme help

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by astray, Nov 18, 2003.

1. astray macrumors member

Hi, i recently started university and am having a little trouble using my airport base station with the uni network connection. I am using it with a pbg4 running panther. Essentially what i want to be able to do is let my friend access shares on my computer (not for illegal purposes...). In order to do this he has to use the ip assigned by the uni network. But when im connected via airport extreme, the base station takes this ip and so nobody can connect to my computer. It all works fine if u plug it directly into the wired ethernet port. Can someone give me some help configuring this. Thx,

astray

2. joker2 macrumors 6502a

joker2

(I'm assuming you're using 10.x with the latest Airport Admin Utility here:)

Go into the airport admin utility (located in your Applications->Utilities folder), "Show All Settings" and go to the "Port Mapping" section. Then, you want to assign the ports to the same ports on your IP address that the Airport Extreme gives to your notebook.

I don't remember the port designations at the moment, but you can either search or someone here can help you with which ports you will need for the method your friend is trying to access your shared assignments or whatever.

3. astray thread starter macrumors member

Thank you :)

Thx alot, this works great....

astray :)