Airport Extreme is not that overpriced after all

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iW00t, Jan 19, 2007.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Quoted from here

For that extra $50 I can save $250 buying NAS adapters, sounds like a STEAL.

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

I think it is a nice piece of equipment that will sell well based on its ease of use. How many questions do we get here on "How do you set up a server"? How long before LaCie, or someone, offers a HD that fits underneath which also supplies power and a USB port for printing? Considering that there is speculation that this Airport runs embedded OS-X, I think we may be looking at the beginnings of Apple's home server.

3. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

embedded OS-X?

Wow that's more advanced than I thought. Makes me all the more excited to get it.

4. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

I have never regretted paying a premium for my old airport extreme. I went through a lynksis and a netgear before getting the extreme, and the extreme continues to be the most reliable and was the easiest to set up.

It simply works, no hassles. My time is worth more than the difference in price.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Since its length and width are the same as the Mac mini, I guess you could use this for everything but providing power to the router?

http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10727