Airport Extreme (N) FTP Port Forwarding?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dpaanlka, Mar 28, 2007.

1. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I set up my new Airport Extreme (N) router to port forward HTTP (80) requests and FTP (21) requests to my server. The HTTP part is working as you can see here but I'm having difficulty logging into my FTP. My settings on the server have not changed since my old router went bad, when it was working before.

When I try logging in using any FTP program (Transmit, Cyberduck, Finder) it just times out. When I try to log in anonymously it fails, but the failure is not incorrect username or password, but rather "Bad sequence of commands."

Am I missing something with this base station?

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Have you tried forwarding port 20 and using Active FTP?

3. dpaanlka thread starter macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well, in a slightly related question, is there a way to configure this thing so that I can access and administer it from some remote location not in my house?

4. launter macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem. I've got a synology server sitting behind a Extreme N base station. Ive set up all port forwarding 20, 21, passive ports etc, tried with security on and off, with SFTP etc. Nothing works, Im beginning to hink its a base station problem

5. dpaanlka thread starter macrumors 601

dpaanlka

It's weird that HTTP works fine but not FTP. This is sucking.

6. dpaanlka thread starter macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Even when I have my FTP server on an OS X machine it does the same thing. It's totally 100% not working.