Airport Extreme seems te fade

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Cuckoo, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Since about a year i have a WDS with three ae basestations. But i have the weirdest issue... the connection between two stations seems to fade in time, like the basestations seem to 'lose' transmissionpower... it started about 6 months ago, i lost connection, i placed them both about 3 feet closer to eachother (in a total stance of about 100 feet - outside) and averything worked again. Now again i have the problem, but it isn't possible to place the basestations more closely.

Do any of you AE-basestations users have any experience with this fading effect? Or have a plausible explanation? Im quite lost here... since the first and second always connect to eachother, only the second and third have troubles......

Thanks in advance...

Cuckoo

2. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Do you have rising ambient electrical interference in your area? Lots of new microwaves and tv's and things? Is someone always running the vacuum cleaner?

3. Cuckoo thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm afraid not, the only thing i can think of, is someone has installed a WIFI lan somewhere between the last two AE's..... And i can't investigate (it would be silly ringing everybodys door and asking 'are you in constant state of vacuum cleaning') although it would be fun....

Thanks for the tip though....

Cuckoo

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

instead of moving the basestations closer together have you tried resetting them? or perhaps you could try recongifuring the settings on the basestations.....dont really know though because i havent had this problem...

5. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

have you tried getting istumbler or macstumbler and looking for other base station on the same channel. some people maybe are turning on the another WAP on the same channel. other problems could be anything else on ~2.4 ghz. try getting an external antenna for it.