Airport Extreme: Show all users?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ppc_michael, Aug 25, 2005.

1. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Is there a way to have Airport Extreme list all the active users on the network? I have my basestation set up and I want to know if others are using it.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Very nice redirect. I just downloaded those management tools and they work wonderfully.

Hickman

4. roadapple macrumors regular

Anyone know of a widget that displays who is connected to your airport network?

There are a couple widgets that display the available wireless networks to join, but none that I can find to show you a quick display of everyone on your network.

5. ppc_michael thread starter Guest

ppc_michael

Woah-ho thanks! I promise I searched the boards before I started a new thread on this. :eek:

6. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

This is a little off topic, but anyway...

Is there any way to kick someone off of an AirPort network? I have my old G3 connected to the AirPort via Ethernet and I connect wirelessly with my PowerBook. The problem I have is that people tend to use the G3 for Acquisition and it slows my connection to a near halt (see the Test Your Internet Speed thread for more details on my pitiful connection :eek:). Ideally I'd like to restrict the bandwidth that the G3 is allowed to use, but I read somewhere that that is impossible. Therefore I'd like to be able to kick anyone off who gets too greedy ;)

Can it be done?

7. roadapple macrumors regular

That would be a sweet widget, quick check of who's connected to your network with the option of a disconnect, screw your neighbor freeloading a download :D

or you could encrypted it, but what's the fun in that?