AirPort Extreme Update 2007-001

Discussion in 'macOS' started by oceanmonster, Jan 25, 2007.

1. oceanmonster macrumors regular

Has anyone else installed this update for the Intel Macs. I just did and my internet is now significantly faster. Web pages are loading very fast, when before the update they were loading slow for a broadband connection. Has anyone else had a similar experience.

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

speed seems about the same here up at school...the real test is at home with my 20 mbit line ;)

I did notice that my iMac automatically reconnected to my network after restart...something that was a documented fact that it wouldn't do in 10.4.8 according to Apple's Docs...maybe this fixes that?

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Just installed it as well and i cant REALLY say there's THAT much of a difference....maybe 5%. No issues here, still smooth sailing. Although im getting an H.264 Video Podcast from iTunes at 2mb per second whereas i used to average at around 980kb-1.3mb so i dunno......

4. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

AirPort Extreme Update

Run your software update. 7.4MB. Requires restart.

5. MatthewConnelly macrumors regular

MatthewConnelly

6. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

7. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

No, this is not the 802.11n draft updater. It's just a regular old Airport update.

8. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

9. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Problem with Airport Extreme Update

I was just curious, has anybody been having a problem with their connection? Before I installed the update on my CD MacBook I was perfect. After, I can't seem to stay connected to internet. (No, it's not my router or ISP)

10. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Mod note: various threads with same basic topic merged....

12. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Sorry about that JSW. I noticed that, should've thought that one out.

13. aljlin macrumors regular

I did notice that pages are faster, but I did notice that at first, when i first rebooted after the installation and first running safari was significantly slower.. Rebooting and loading and everything was REALLY slow (compared to previous reboots ... like an additional couple (2-3) minutes to reboot than what other updates or standard reboots i have done) I thought something was wrong, but then it worked fine. Rebooted again just to see if it was just software update doing that, and it rebooted, extremely fast, but when i started safari it was giving me the pinwheel and 5-10 bounces but then closed it reran it and popped up right away. it was just weird that my machine (with nothing started . . .) would just randomly slow down, when it has never done it before. but now that it's up and running the internet is fast and it's not that slow anymore.

14. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I'm convinced it's the update. I'm using my Mac mini via Airport (didn't install the update) and everything is running perfectly.

15. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

The previous problems I've had with my AirPort connection randomly dropping and requiring multiple restarts to reconnect on my iMac Core Duo have finally been fixed with this update. This had been going on since I had initially updated to 10.4.8 a few months ago. I'm really glad this has finally been resolved.

16. jimytheassassin macrumors member

I'm a bit surprised that this wouldn't be an N patch since it's right on their page.
    It does also address security issues, I saw that.

"robust wireless network offering up to five times the performance and up to twice the range of networks created with the earlier 802.11g standard. "

I dunno, it's all over the net now. Perhaps you must have their Airport extreme to see a change, even though it should work with all N capable routers.

17. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

It's a combination of Airport software update and new Airport Extreme Base Station advertisement.