Airport Extreme Wireless Password Protection

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by goodwill, Apr 21, 2004.

1. goodwill macrumors regular

Hi-
    This might be very easy to answer, however, I have no idea upon which direction to even begin. I have SBC Yahoo DSL, which might turn out irrelevant in the case of my question, but I have no idea where to go or how to set up my wireless network within my place to have a password to join the network. All I am trying to do is have a password to join my network and I'm not quite certain how to do that. If anyone could tell me how to set it up so there is a password to join my wireless network that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

in generally you have a WAP or a wireless router. open up your manual and read it. the manual will tell you what the default ip address is your wiresless router/ap etc. more than likely it is a 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 anyways. from there you can connect through a web browser and configure features like that how you like. the features will depend on the hardware you own.

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

if you have an airport base station, you need the admin program in /Applications/Utilities.

btw, your isp is sbc? hows the connection for you? for me its ****ty and keeps dropping the connection every couple of days, not happy about that :mad:

4. goodwill thread starter macrumors regular

My connection has actually been pretty good. I haven't had any major blips, late at night I'll get dropped a few times and especially as of late during the prime time hours of the evening I lose service, but unfortunately for Yahoo DSL being one of the cheaper services around I went with it. Its safe to say you get what you pay for. Obviously with a Mac I shelled out some serious dough and I am more than elated with my economic donation to Apple and the Federal Government, however, I shouldve been wiser in chosing a "stronger" DSL service.